Tuesday, March 31, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I was glad someone came up with the idea to make movies about the backgrounds of the X-Men. Especially when they decided to start off with Wolverine (My favorite superhero when I was little). It was really nice to piece together all of the little snippets of background info about him that I had been trying to put in order from the comics and cartoons throughout the years and to finally see it in its entirety. The story tells of a man, played by Hugh Jackman, named Jimmy. He suffered many losses, was born with a mutant power and was all the while, able to maintain a sense of decency. After being duped, the government was able to make him more powerful with Adamantium, but failed to keep a leash on this new, stronger Wolverine. Most of his actions were based out of lost love which ended up making him more powerful. Sidenote: you get to see the makings of some other cool mutant characters as well as the story unfolds but I am not going to spoil it....
The version I saw was an uncompleted make of the film. The wires were still hanging off the guys as they jumped and flew through the air. Some of the scenes were only animated because the effects hadn't been finished yet and some of the shots were not colored right, BUT, I can tell that this is gonna be an amazing movie when its finished and comes out May 1.

My elementary grading scale: Exceeding Expectations (for guys, girls you may not be as happy)
1-10: 8.5/9

No comments:

Post a Comment