Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Vinyan

Rufus Sewell (from the 11th Hour series) and Emanuelle Beart (French actress who botoxed the crap out of her self for the film) star in amovie that quite frankly, perplexed me. A husband and wife go on a search for their lost, possibly dead, son after they lost him to a tsunami 6 months prior. They catch a glimpse of what the wife thinks is the son in a film about Burmese orphans at a fundraiser and from that point on, havoc ensues. After giving countless amounts of money to numerous people who are "willing to help", they find themselves alone in the jungle where thousands of orphaned children are living due to the wreckage and losses of lives from the horrible tsunami not that long before. The ending left me speechless as I know it will for you once you witness it for yourself.
I liked it, but I didn't like it. I want you to watch it, but I don't want you to watch it. I hate to say it, but the boy they were searching for was probably better off a homeless orphan living in the jungle by himself rather than coming home to those two freak shows. The mom and dad were NUTS each in there own special way. The mom really took the cake because I didn't know if she was a pedophile, just plain crazy, or if she was just French. The dad was just plain crazy for following her around. I do realize desperate times will make someone do crazy things that you wouldn't normally do, but if they were sane before they lost their child, you wouldn't know it from this film. Maybe you should see it just to know what I am talking about.
By the way, Vinyan, in whatever the local dialect was in the film, meant a lost soul that cant find its way to heaven and becomes angry..... KINDA pertinent to the film but not really.

My elementary grading scale: Needs Improvement (But you will be entertained)
1-10: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment