Thursday, March 12, 2009

Virus Undead

When I read that this new zombie movie was created by and starring Germans, I automatically became a little weary of the film I was about to watch. Half expecting this movie to be filmed with a hand-held video cassette recorder and actors pulled out of the local discotheque, I sat down and allowed myself to put my bias aside and try to watch without discrimination.
3 friends end up in one of their grandfathers lab/house and unfortunately, this was the same house that the bird-flu(ish) zombie outbreak began. Spread by dead animals, and then to humans, the virus created a type of zombie I had not seen in the modern zombie movie realm. All of the classic scenarios of zombie warfare are present (Quarantines, head-shots, flesh-eating).
In the end, zombies lose for the time being (just like all Zombie stories). I was not bored from this movie. I AM a fan of this type of movie, so fighting through the horrible german-english accent and typical B-movie overacting was not TOO bad. The effects were good and if you are into the undead and a little bit of gore, then I suggest you go looking for this movie.

My elementary grading scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 6.5/7

No comments:

Post a Comment