Thursday, March 5, 2009

Green Street Hooligans 2: Stand Your Ground

Okay I am an American so I don't especially understand the intensity as to which Europeans, especially British, love the game of soccer...aka: football. Two rival fan clubs of two opposing football firms are both located in the same jail facility. Havoc ensues. Continual plotting, conspiring, and gang warfare are a daily occurence and soon groups of prisoners are transferred to other prisons only to find more opposition.
It was a great cast of British actors and cool fight scenes. If you are into action/fight movies this will not let you down. However I find movies like this hard to watch....
I don't and probably never will understand the mentality of a fan wiling to fight to the death for their team. First off, it is a sport, a game, played by grown men who are being paid to play a game..... a GAME!!!! Yet, fans are "loyal" enough to support these guys, who are playing a game. so much that they will fight other people who dont support their team. Ridiculous. I know this actually happens too, which is so sad to me. And I mean sad in the stupid, idiotic, unsensical way. Do people REALLY have NOTHING better to do with their lives than to live and die for a sports team that they dont even belong to???? They claim membership by going to a game and painting their faces, learning songs, and fighting the other teams fans...... What has this world come to?

my elementary grading scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment