Sunday, March 1, 2009

Green Flash

Named after an almost "mythical" event which occurs at sunset, Green Flash is about a former basketball star searching for his own moment of brilliance. After a failed basketball career, Cameron Day finds himself searching for his path and winds up on the Pro Beach Volleyball Tour. Filled with backstabbing, partying, love, adrenaline, and twists; Green Flash is a sports movie lovers dream. Sports psychology at its finest, this movie lends itself to teaching that the most important part of the game is having the mental edge.
One of the few volleyball movies out there today, Green Flash may seem a little cheesy and cliche at times but overall has a great message and includes the ever popular and my personal favorite theme of redemption. If you like the beach, sports, beautiful women, or men for the female viewers, you will like this movie. Its of the "pick-me-up" inspirational variety. It made me wanna go practice my bump, set, and spike.....If you want to see another similar volleyball movie that came out in 1990 and definitely inspired this one... go check out Sideout.

my elementary grading scale: Exceeding Expectations
1-10: 7.5

1 comment:

  1. I bet I can guess the formula for this movie becuase it's been attempted in the other bad beach v-ball movies. I'm just ticked they didn't ask me to make an appearance!

    ReplyDelete