Monday, March 9, 2009

Confessions of a Shopoholic

"You Speak Prada?" Sorry everyone. I just gave away the funniest line of the movie. And, Yes, I did watch this movie. I told you I had lots of time.
Isla Fisher stars as a young business professional struggling with a shopping addiction. Her recent hire as a writer for a financial magazine provides her with the advantage of using her shopping sense in the financial market....all the while, avoiding the debt collector who's trying to track her down. Comedy, Romance, Broken Hearts, and Fiscal Business Responsibility are all a part of this movie which left me hoping that there aren't real people in this world who live the way of the shopoholic does.
Some parts are humorous but nothing to write back home about. Not that I write back home about funny parts of movies, but you get the idea. Devil Wears Prada was a little better in my opinion as girl/business/comedy movies run. I know girls will like this one though....especially the ones who value the material more than necessary.

My elementary grading scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 7/7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment