Monday, March 16, 2009

Big Game

Basically, if you are going to accidentally shoot a murderers girlfriend, expect there to be some sort of recompense for it. In this case, an alcoholic ex cop's daughter is kidnapped by Howell along with 4 other high school classmates. Through a series of almost miraculous coincidences and opportunities, the high school crew, for the most part, are able to evade Howell and his two henchman.
At 45 minutes and 11 seconds, this movie got good. At 90 minutes and 5 seconds, this movie got bad again. I feel like I should be giving this movie two different grades for two different sections of the movie, but I guess I will just average both out.... I just wanted to fill you in for fast-forwarding purposes. I seriously liked this movie for the 45 minutes in the middle that were good. It was gripping, fast paced, and eventful. The lead into that timezone was cheesy, contrived, and unoriginal. On a sidenote, I hate how jocks are almost always portrayed as selfish, womanizing, arrogant, frat-like, jerks... fortunately the jock in this film (SPOILER ALERT!!!) gets killed.

My elementary grading scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment