Monday, March 16, 2009

Race To Witch Mountain

My Kids would really love this movie....if I had them. Dwayne Johnson aka: The Rock, stars as a ex-con, loveable, helpful, yet nosy Vegas cab driver....you know the type. They're all over Sin City. After a UFO crash landing 2 alien children seek out the cabbie's help to seek out some alien info, avoid an alien sniper, and get back to their spaceship. Just the person that you would assume they would look for to help them, an ex convict who drives a cab in Vegas.......
There was an original called Escape to Witch Mountain filmed in 1975 and then a remake done in 1995.... so why not do it again.... I had no idea this story was so popular. In my opinion, Disney made this movie a little tooooo Disney. It was hard paying attention the whole time. I am a Rock fan, but he was a little bit to fatherly, and nice. As an action and adventure actor they did put him through the rigors of robot fist fights and some brawls with unsuspecting government agents, but it wasnt rich enough for my blood.

My elementary grading scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment