Monday, March 2, 2009

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li

Another movie to jump on the prequel bandwagon.... SF:TLOCL (Abbreviated for time) tells the story of Chun Li, the ninja-ing gal known for her upside down helicopter kicks in the Capcom Game. I, personally, never chose to fight with her when playing. I always went with Blanka or Dhalsim or Guile....The producers of this movie should have done the same. If you are going to create a movie, why not start with one of the more exciting characters (ie: Blanka- a green, electrifying creature from Brazil). SF:TLOCL tells the saddening story of a girl who was separated from her parents by a madman (M. Bison) and her passionate attempt to seek revenge on her families killers.
With only a few of the characters taking part in this movie, I can only assume they plan on making more. Hopefully not too many more. Pretty boring for a martial arts movie and, like I said, they could have had some more of the "cool" characters from one of the best fighting games of my middle school years.

my elementary grading scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 5.5/6

No comments:

Post a Comment