Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Australia

Set during WWII, the wife of a cattle rancher is forced to take over her estranged husbands cattle farm in the outback of Australia. Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman are the stars of this Aussie love/adventure story. This movie was pretty good. I've always been a fan of Australia and the scenery in the movie is great and really gives you a good look at what its like to live out there. It was almost as if Australia became one of the characters because it played a major role in the movie. The terrain, weather, and locations were very important to the outcome of the truamatic and important events throughout the movie.
This movie is very very long however. Almost 3 Hours (165 min.)!!!!!! So make sure you have time to relax before starting the show. I kept thinking the movie was going to be over and then there was more. Fortunately, the Aborigines, fight scenes, dynamic characters, and story were enough to keep me entertained. More of a date movie maybe. Not the one you go see with the boys. But, I was by myself and I liked it.

my elementary grading scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment