Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Legion

I saw Legion but the quality was not the greatest so it seemed a lot darker (literally) than it probably was....which is good because there were many parts where I was freaked out and was appreciative of the fact that I could NOT see the HD/HQ/1080p image that would get scarred into my cerebellum. I was,however, able to watch the film and see the whole movie and get the ideas and know, generally, what was going on. A battle between Angels and Demons that put the battle Tom Hanks was fighting for Dan Brown to shame. Much more intense violence and demonic images made this film frightful and even the angels had a rough edge. I think people should see it so I won't give away too much of the movie, unlike the films that suck where I will pretty much divulge all of their secrets (unless it really is a complete waste of time).
Paul Bettany plays a disgruntled employee of God (Michael the angel) and fends off hoards of demons on earth to protect a baby that is to be slaughtered by Satan's cronies. Dennis Quaid, Tyrese Gibson, and Kevin Durand round off this cast which I felt was pretty solid. Of course you could consider the CGI as a character because so much of it was computerized, which in my opinion, if done correctly is okay. Enjoyable movie but not for the faint of heart.....

My Elementary Grading Scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 7.5/8

1 comment:

  1. This is the movie that I wanted to see it once again. I didn't get the story exactly when I watched it first time. The movie was so impressive that it made me convince to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete