Friday, January 29, 2010

Everybody's Fine

There will never be another DeNiro. He has such a good way of leading you through a story with his stern yet comical sense about him. This film, Everybody's Fine, is one of his best performances in the last 20 years and that is no exaggeration. A widower goes on a quest to reconnect with his 4 children who have spread out over the U.S.. The only problem is that they are all covering a secret and tried at all costs to avoid him. After a series of unfortunate events he finds out just what is really going on and it forces him to re-think just how good of a job he did as a father.
This movie was done so well. Every aspect was intricately planned out and done in an extremely memorable way. The actors supporting DeNiro did a great job playing disconnected but loving children and this was the first time I actually liked Drew Barrymore since E.T.. If anyone asks me what my favorite movie lately has been, I will have to go with this. Maybe because I like human drama, or because it was great to see DeNiro performing so well, all in all, this film kept me entertained more so than most movies of this genre. I hope everyone gets a chance to see this at some point. Future classic.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Exceeding Expectations
1-10: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment