Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beauty and the Beast (2009)

If I were to step outside right now, collect the few coherent people in my neighborhood, hire one computer nerd and turn my camera....I would come very close to what the creators of this film had done. Maybe their sets would be more elaborate but when I look at a man in the film who lay dying covered in Kool-Aid soaked rags over his stomach to "resemble" entrails, it makes me wonder if the producer let this movie slide do to self-deprecation or just alcoholism. Not fit to qualify as a "Made for TV" movie or even a "Straight to DVD" film, Beauty and the Beast is a mix of poor acting, cheap effects (minus the CGI), and a tweaked storyline that fails to bring in the crowd.
There was an effort to make this story more likable to the "over 20's" that MIGHT have gone to see this movie. More murder, more "scary" moments and wizardry were all a botched attempt to spice things up. This movie fails the course and I don't think it will get a retake. Sorry Estella Warren (the only actor who I recognized) you picked the wrong film to get your career jump-started again.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment