Friday, January 15, 2010

Leap Year

Tell me that a movie is a romantic comedy these days, let me know the location, actors, and how many people are involved and I can basically tell you EXACTLY what is going to happen. Girl/Boy loves Boy/Girl. Girl/Boy realizes the Boy/Girl might not be right for them. Girl/Boy conveniently runs into a "new and improved" Boy/Girl. Girl Boy realizes that the "old" Boy/Girl does not have what it takes to be with them forever. Girl/Boy falls in love with the new Boy/Girl but not before thinking that all hope is lost. Girl/Boy and Boy/Girl live happily ever after riding off into the sunset.
Throw in an old Irish tradition of the woman asking the man for marriage on a leap day and you have yourself a new, "original" movie. Amy Adams, Adam Scott, and Matthew Goode star in this romantic comedy set in Ireland. Needless to say, I was not impressed but felt I had to do my part and post some reviews that maybe women would be more drawn to watching. If you are into "cheese" and something you have seen 100 times, then this movie is FOR YOU! If you want something good, go and see The Boys are Back starring Clive Owen. One of my favorite films in a long time.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 4

1 comment:

  1. A nice and simple love story. Not a perfect one but still had a great time watching this movie. There are few slow spots in the beginning but the last couple of minutes were touching and real.

    ReplyDelete