Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Boys are Back

Clive Owen at his finest. I can boldly say that this movie is a tear jerker and I definitely soaked my shirt sleeve by the end of the movie.
Joe Warr (Owen) is left a widower after his wife suddenly dies from cancer leaving him with their son to start a new life in a strange new situation that both of them are finding hard to adjust to. Through a string of events, Joe reunites with his son from a previous marriage and further complicates, yet enriches, their lives. Clive Owen plays a father who is desperate to come to peace with his wife's passing and be the father he should, while maintaining his career as a sports writer and it's his job that truly adds to the defining moment of the film where he almost loses everything again.
I was so impressed with this film. I was waiting for a long time for this movie to come out and as time passed I completely lost track of its release date. I truly think this movie was made for fathers, but as you can see, it can be enjoyed by anyone. Such a "pick me up" story after the film started off in tragedy. I hope everyone goes and sees this film because unfortunately there haven't been many movies as good as this one as of late.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Exceeding Expectations
1-10: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment