Monday, October 26, 2009

Zombieland

A rag-tag team of survivors after zombies took over the U.S. desperately search for a safe haven while they all compete for being the top dog. Some live by a code and others do what has to be done to keep themselves alive. Fortunately, the team understands in a weird way, that they all need eachother to get by not only for their physical well being but to ease their stressed out lives as well.
What a great take on a zombie apocolypse. Zombie movies are by far my favorite genre so I was excited when I heard about this version of zombie movie. The standouts in my opinion were Woody Harrelson and Abigail Breslin. Their roles made the movie what it was....entertaining. A funny yet dramatic film dealing with relationships during a ghoul invasion sounds like something that has been made 1000 times...which it has. However, this film definitely made its own mark, with its unique humorous take on life on the run. Not really spoiling but I personally enjoyed Bill Murray's cameo about midway through. Please enjoy this movie like I did. Not scary enough for you to keep your light on at night but it was definitely intense enough to keep you on the edge of your seat.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Exceeding Expectations
1-10: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment