Friday, October 30, 2009

Couples Retreat

Almost everyone I know is a fan of Vince Vaughn. I think the best thing he does is ramble on continually explaining a topic until he runs out of breath. If you have seen ANY of his films, you will know what I mean. His BFF John Favreau teams up with him in this film (FYI: They met on the set of the sports classic film Rudy and have done alot together both filming and writing). This relational romantic comedy about a few couples who are all working on their relationships in some manner or another leaves three couples on a island retreat to put the spark back in their love lifes and at that moment, I hate to say, becomes very cliche. I dont know if its just me and my frustration with this type of film lately, or if movies have run out of new ways to portray this genre, but I was not too impressed. Not the top 20 of Vince Vaughn's films (if he has even been in 20).

My Elementary Grading Scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment