Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Whatever Works

I am a HUGE fan of Larry David. Pretty much all of his jokes and shows and lines are funny in my book. He has a way, just like he did for Seinfeld, of taking the normal and mundane and turning it into a hilarious situation and or dilemma. I'm sure most Seinfeld fans know of his new show Curb Your Enthusiasm. Whatever Works is more along the lines of his show Curb. A troubled older man filled with hatred for todays society, finds love after divorce with a young, southern, lower class, dumb, impressionable blonde and soon he finds himself turning her into him basically and they get married. Soon she realized that there is more for her than this old disdainful man and a weird triangle of love ensues between him, her, her mom, the new younger man, a few of his friends.... i guess its not so much of a triangle and its not your typical love story either. But its good. A good twist on a human drama film which I can definitely compare to a Woody Allen film. I suggest this to all Seinfeld/Curb fans....

My Elementary Grading Scale: Exceeding Expectations
1-10: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment