Friday, October 30, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

I probably shoulda seen this in the theaters to get the whole effect of this film I know that the scenery and CGI characters of the beloved storybook characters would have made a more dramatic effect if they had been seen as larger than life. Unfortunately, I had to see these on my computer and it may have taken away from the film. As a story, I think it was great. The classic childrens story by Maurice Sendak where the bratty Max learns a life lesson about growing up and responsibility through his "imaginary" journey to a far away land filled with monsters. As he becomes king and takes on responsibility, he soon learns that he can not live simply doing what he wants all the time and that his mother, back home, was not so bad after all. I think a younger crowd would simply adore this movie, but not too young. There were some scenes that if I were a toddler, I would definitely be scared silly.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment