Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sanctum

 sanctum-movie-poster-466x700 I hope the film industry does not think they can continue to fool the public by making sub-par films in 3D to draw the crowds into the theaters. with out the 3D label, I am positive many of these  “techno” films would gain half of their audience. I hope we get back to letting the actual film do the walking instead of the computer program used to create it.
I have to be honest. I fell asleep 1hr 15min into this film. I woke up and had no desire to go back to the point I fell asleep and finish the movie. So, I can only make comments on what I have seen. Seeing that I fell asleep, should tell you SOME feeling I have toward the film created by James Cameron (Titanic, Avatar) as the next 3D film to continue this new fad. The actors are all relatively unknown and Australian which makes it easier for us to accept them dying off in the caves of S. America.
Explorers go into the biggest unexplored caves in hopes of finding a route to the ocean. Missing the call for a storm leaves them struggling to escape rising tides, twisted turns, decompressing, and claustrophobia from the confined spaces. Due to the fact that they are underwater cave-diving, the need for oxygen plays a huge rule….will they make it out in time?!?! I actually don’t know. Like I said, I missed the last 25 minutes of the film…. who knows????
Elementary Grading Scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 5

1 comment:

  1. Such a flop. I was expecting for so much from James Cameron. This movie has been done so many times before. we've seen it all already and this one has nothing new to offer.

    ReplyDelete