Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Monsters

A film very reminiscent of Cloverfield, Monsters tells the story of a man and woman trying to escape an alien infested area of Mexico. 6 years into an invasion, the U.S. border is populated by huge octopus-like creatures that have a mean streak. Sam and Andrew struggle through aliens, price-jacking smugglers, and eerie situations as they try to get back to the "real world".
I liked this film but there were too many moments that I had to wait to enjoy the show. The aliens were cool, much like a fleshy version of the aliens from the Tom Cruise version of War of the Worlds. I would have to say that this was just a time-filler movie for me. There have been much better movies about aliens... Predators for instance....I dont know what else to say really. Maybe if there were zombies in it too I would enjoy it more...

Elementary Grading Scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 5

1 comment:

  1. Monsters is not one of the best movies based on aliens but its one time watch movie as it include cool aliens and good characters.I prefer to watch Predator over this movie

    ReplyDelete