Monday, August 30, 2010

Piranha 3D

Hmmmm....what to say about Piranha???? If you re-use all of the cinematic elements that made Jaws a classic suspense/thriller and replaced the actors with B-list celebs....and THEN complete the film with CGI fishies, you have now created the epic re-make, Piranha 3D.
Not the best remake I have ever seen. I like Ving Rhames, I like Elizabeth Schue, I could take or leave Jerry O'Connell and I WISH Christopher Lloyd (Dr. Emmet Brown from Back To The Future I,II, and III) had more of a dominant role, only because he has a special place in my heart for his invention of a time traveling Delorian which ran on a flux capacitor at "1.21 Jigawatts!!"
Piranha is a story about a small vacation town that suffers a horrific prehistoric piranha infestation after a earthquake opens a sub-terranian lake underneath another lake. Unfortunately this happens at the worst possible moment, College Spring Break. A bunch of drunk bikini clad, careless girls and idiotic, rebellious boys are turn to fish food and the scenes of their demise make this worthwhile (sick as it is to say). The director of the film did a good job thinking up great ways to film fish eating people in a variety of ways....I guess its the fishes way of getting back at us for all the sushi we eat....

Elementary Grading Scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 4

1 comment:

  1. Piranha 3D is not a masterpiece or is going to the Oscars .It is just a fun popcorn movie that has more than enough to keep you entertained. I really enjoyed this movie with my friends..:-)

    ReplyDelete