Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Other Guys

After a slow start, I finally bought into Will Ferrell's new comedy. It took the death of Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to get me laughing and I think that this is where the film to get good. Two mismatched NYC detectives seize an opportunity to step up after their "hero" cops die -- only things don't quite go as planned. Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg star in a comedy/cop film written by Adam McKay (Anchorman, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights). After being thought of as complete idiots, Ferrell and Wahlberg attempt to redeem themselves by busting an undercover plot to steal millions from the NYPD...
The chemistry between the two main characters, Will and Mark, made this movie a great film to watch. However, the "cookie cutter" approach to this film which unfortunately takes place in all of McKay's films did make this film seem to drag on. If you are not a fan of Ferrell's type of comedy, then this is NOT the film for you... all 107 minutes of this film are peppered with "classic" Ferrell-isms, which made me laugh. As the movie went on the jokes got better and I began to really enjoy the duo's energy on screen.

Elementary Grading Scale: Exceeding Expectations
1-10: 7.5/8

1 comment:

  1. I saw this film last night. This is one of the best film that I ever seen. If you didn't watch till now, then must go for it. I am sure that you people enjoy it and would have great fun.

    ReplyDelete