Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's: Sherlock Holmes (2010)

Unfortunately this version of Sherlock Holmes not only lacked the firepower that Guy Ritchie's film had, it also lacked the sense of timing as it came out only a couple months after the star-studded, action-packed, high budget film did. This version was made by a company called Asylum films and I went into the film knowing that it was not going to be a "bigger than life" film. It started out great by making itself more of the original Sherlock Holmes with the "elementary my dear watson" and "the game is afoot" lines and I really was getting excited to see an old school Holmes. Enter the boat eating squid and Tyrannosaurus Rex. Slowly slipping into the Sci-Fi genre I found myself fighting to keep my eyes open. What it lacked in special effects (due to funding I am sure) it could not make up for it in the storyline. If I wanted to go see a horrible movie with cheesy characters being chased by dinosaurs I would have rented Land of the Lost..... Thats what this was. Land of the Lost in 19th century London. Don't let the beginning of the film fool you. Its all a ruse.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Needs Improvement
1-10: 3.5/4

No comments:

Post a Comment