Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shutter Island

It's crazy to think that the first time I saw Leo DiCaprio was on Growing Pains as he played a homeless rebellious teen. He has come a LOOOONG way! Shutter Island stars a very talented Leo along with Ben Kingsley and Mark Ruffalo, and I can only imagine the praise he is about to receive for his role as World War II Veteran/Federal Marshall, Teddy Daniels. Martin Scorsese's new mystery/suspense/thriller at an almost forgotten island holding America's criminally insane had me on the edge of my seat as the plot slowly unfolded into a beautifully sad story that took me in and made me feel for the characters throughout. As Daniels (DiCaprio) investigated a bizarre abduction at the facility, twists and turns unveil to lead to an unexpected outcome. It is one of those type of movies that you have to see again after you have seen it the first time. I think it will be a different, just as good, experience watching it again knowing what you know in the end..... no spoilers here! I actually WANT you to go see this.
Eye-opening moments of realization and eerie scenes of suspense made this film a "must-see" in my opinion. Terrific performances by all the actors and a soundtrack of classical music that truly enhances the story and builds the emotions to develop those characters and moments made it so, when the movie was over, I wanted to see it again.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Exceeding Expectations
1-10: 9

1 comment:

  1. This is the film that I can recommend any one for watching second time time again..Lovely movie with great cast..must watch it.

    ReplyDelete