Thursday, November 26, 2009

Twilight: New Moon

When the vampires from EVERY other vampire movie get together and decide to fight the vampires of the Twilight series, I think the Cullens would have NO chance. Probably the girliest version of a blood sucker, the New Moon vampires are totally in tune with their emotions but out of touch with their ability to totally annihilate anyone if they really wanted to. After Edward Cullen (Pattinson) decides to leave Bella (Stewart) in order to protect her, Bella can only see Edward through visions when she does crazy, adventurous, extreme, or straight up stupid things. She finds consoling in Jacob (Lautner) a werewolf of course, who obviously hit the "roids" for the series. With love triangle complete, Bella has put the ancient laws of the vampire and werewolf treaty at risk as both are willing to fight for her love. Bella, who really only has love for Edward, basically just teases and uses Jacob so she can bide her time.
Taking Kristen Stewart, a notoriously emo, quirky actress, and making her into an adrenaline junkie, was a very strange turn to this story. I have not read the books and I can only HOPE that there was more too this situation in the real story because I think the movie hacked it. Like I said earlier, these vampires are wimpy. I feel this movie was never meant for a mans eyes to see. The biggest question for any woman after this film is if you are on Team Pattinson or Team Lautner...... :P On the D.L. I didnt MIND the movie, I just wanted more manliness from the monsters that I have loved in all their other type of movies.

My Elementary Grading Scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 7.5

1 comment:

  1. It is not a good movie. Throughout the movie, I found myself being either annoyed, bored or utterly amused, and all for the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete