Monday, November 2, 2009

The Informant

So far, this is my first movie I watched that was made as an attempt to win an Oscar. Matt Damon stars as an informant to the FBI who gradually reveals that their is much more going on with himself than anyone expected. Damon's mental issues contribute to a wacky tale of a man trying to help himself while hurting his career. Unknowingly the FBI think they have found a helpful informant who just wants to do whats right. Fortunately, for the movie, there is more going on than what seems....
Clever writing and a great story to those looking for a human drama movie. This movie was what I would consider a period piece. The clothing, the offices, colors, everything down to the desk lamps were precisely 80's and 90's and looked great. For some reason in this film I noticed the set more than the actors sometime.... I am not a huge Damon fan (except for when he plays Jason Bourne) and I actually thought he was entertaining. Great performances by the other actors in this film just helped make the story that much more entertaining. I approve of this film. :)

My Elementary Grading Scale: Progressing Satisfactorily
1-10: 7.5/8

1 comment:

  1. The movie tells about the real life story of Mark Whitacre, the highest ranked executive to ever turn whistleblower in U.S. history. The performances are awesome.

    ReplyDelete